Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thoughts for today

My 6 year old said, "Mom, the days are going by so fast." I do not remember ever thinking the days went by so fast when I was young. Is this a bad sign for my children?

JM is gone this week, on call this weekend and everyday next week, and is leaving for India next Friday for ten days. During Monday night prayers, the girls said they missed Dad :(. I did not have the heart to tell them that our 3 weeks without Dad had just begun.

A 8th grade student at Tyler's school took his life at home on Monday morning. I cannot possibly understand what was going through his mind. How can a 13 year old in a Christian home be so troubled? This is a reminder of our present spiritual battle and our broken world. My prayers go up for the Ellis family.

No comments:

Post a Comment