Thursday, September 24, 2009

It is gone!

Lauren has been hanging on to her "Nanny McPhee" tooth for weeks. We have tried to get her to pull it, and we have tried to convince her to let us pull it. Both options set off the crying and emotional outbursts so we just let it go.
This morning on the way to school Lauren accidentally hit herself with her leapster. It knocked the tooth even looser and made it bleed. I told her to keep wiggling it, and it would fall out. The tears were pouring now! We got to the school drop off rather early (probably because she was having a fit in the back seat, I was DONE with this tooth, and I basically dumped Tyler out at his school before the car came to a complete stop). I pulled into the carpool line. We were the first car so we were right in front of the school doors. Their school does not open the doors until 7:30. I opened the back door and Lauren started scrambling even further back in the car! By this time, the tooth was literally "blowing in the air" with every breathe she took. I was determined now to get that tooth out! The school secretary walks by as I am trying to nicely convince Lauren to pull it herself with no success. My next measure...I restrain her arms and lower body with one arm while I pry her mouth open with my other hand. I won!!!! With a little tug, the tooth popped out! Blood everywhere, screaming like I had just stabbed the poor girl and parents three cars back were peering out their windows...what a sight!

While Lauren was getting control of herself, I went into the office for a ziploc bag. The lower school principal and secretary were standing at the door/window laughing. They reassured me that they had done very similar things, and I was not a child abuser!!
Lauren bagged her tooth and hopped out of the car to join her friends at the door. Before I left, she was showing off her new smile. I wonder what the tooth fairy will bring tonight??? I am so excited since her good friend told her if you write a note and ask for something special like a stuffed animal, the tooth fairy will bring it! I better get her started on that note....before 5pm!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, blood! Did you get queezy, or were you just too READY to be rid of the tooth by then? Way to go mom, you took care of that little ol' tooth! She looks SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha!!!! you MEAN momma! :) hilarious.

    ReplyDelete